School Direct Placement
EP have been a Ministry of Education preferred recruitment agent for more than two decades continually – we have proven experience in successfully bringing teachers in from offshore for more than 10 years, and in many different recruitment markets.
The Ministry of Education has announced a number of resources, including financial support, to make it easier for state and state-integrated schools to recruit overseas teachers to fill vacancies.
- be a state or state-integrated school
- employ a returning New Zealand trained or an internationally trained teacher
- employ the overseas teacher in a full-time teaching position for at least 12 months
- provide evidence of incurred costs of overseas recruitment excluding travel costs
- apply for the reimbursement within six months of the teacher’s start date
The agency process can be quite complex, involving:
- NZQA for qualification assessment/identification of pre-approved overseas teacher qualifications for registration and salary assessment purposes
- Teacher registration through the Education/Teaching Council (including support for discretionary pathway if required)
- Employer Supplementary Form supporting documentation for teacher’s visa application
- Novo7T salary assessment (can be completed before a teacher arrives in NZ)
- Applications via Overseas Relocation Grant/MOE Finders Fee for school
*You will receive an invoice from EP for assistance with documentation and processing. Payment of this invoice should be made to us directly. The Ministry of Education will reimburse the invoice via the Finders Fee. You can find out more and access the online Finders Fee claim form here.
- A job offer letter a signed by the teacher
- Teacher’s CV