Are you a Kiwi teacher returning home?

If you're looking for your next teaching opportunity back home, Education Personnel can help you get here! Education Personnel is the New Zealand Ministry of Education's preferred recruiter, so you'll have access to the expertise and experience that you need to help you find your dream role.

Since you last taught in New Zealand, things may have changed. Get all the information you need to make your move back to teaching in New Zealand a smooth one.


What do I need to do before I leave the UK and head home?

How do I make sure my UK teaching experience is recognised?
Bina-pencil-red-300px (2).png

If you've been teaching overseas for the last two or more years, you require ‘Statements of Service’ from all the schools/agencies you have taught at. These Statements of Service must state dates worked, start and end date, type and capacity of position (i.e full-time, permanent or LTR for 2 terms) etc. They need to be on original school letterhead signed by your Headteacher/Agent. 

Once you have secured a position in New Zealand in a state, state integrated or private (independent school) you will use your Statements of Service to obtain a Salary Assessment which ensures you get paid at the appropriate salary rate when you return to New Zealand. 

What do I need to do if I’ve gained qualifications while overseas?
Bina-pencil-red-300px (2).png

If you've gained qualifications while living overseas you may need to have these qualifications assessed by the count towards your teaching salary in New Zealand.

Click here to go to the International Qualifications information on the NZQA website. 


My New Zealand Teacher Registration has expired, how do I re-apply?

The New Zealand Education Council also known as EDUCANZ took over from the NZ Teacher Council on the 1st July 2015 and processes have changed. All practising teachers in New Zealand (including relief teachers) must hold teacher registration and a current practising certificate.

Click here to find the application forms. 


I’ve heard the Ministry of Education is covering the cost of applying for practicing certificates for secondary teachers, is this true?

As part of the Secondary Teachers Collective Agreement (STCA), the Ministry of Education will pay practising certificate fees for teachers covered by the STCA between 1 November 2015 and 31 October 2018. Click here to check if you qualify. 

If you are eligible to be exempt from the payment of the practising certificate fee or for a reimbursement, forms can be obtained here

Let Education Personnel help you find your dream role Email your CV to and we can make time to talk with you 

Let Education Personnel help you find your dream role

Email your CV to and we can make time to talk with you 

               Check out our current vacancies here

               Check out our current vacancies here