Bell Block Childcare
HEAD TEACHER, BELL BLOCK CHILDCARE
New Plymouth based.
Key leadership role.
“The child is at the heart of our centre”
This role is being readvertised. Due to unforeseen circumstance, the Head Teacher that had
been appointed is not now able to take up the position. We are looking to move with some
urgency on this and will make an immediate appointment as soon as the right person is
After many years of outstanding service and commitment to our Centre and its families, our
amazing Head Teacher is leaving. We are looking for a similarly talented and passionate
Early Childhood teacher to continue her work.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Head Teacher is the leader of the Bell Block Childcare
Centre team. The Head Teacher manages the day-to- day operations in the Centre, providing
leadership and guidance to the teaching team in order to achieve the goals of the Centre’s
Strategic Plan and to ensure Centre philosophy outcomes, legislative and regulatory
compliance and overall centre success.
Core objectives encompass:
- responsible for the effective leadership and management of personnel employed at
- to ensure the strategic and operational objectives of the Centre are met;
- to ensure a high quality curriculum programme is delivered;
- to participate in the development of and demonstrate support for the strategic plan
and Philosophy of the Centre;
- ensure safety is paramount for all children, families, staff and visitors; and,
- to establish relationships and engage with children, parents and whanau in the
We are a community-based Childcare Centre with a strong and focused philosophy and with
an incredibly supportive team – this team encompasses teachers, family and whanau, and
the Parent Committee – there is a strong sense of collaboration. Our children are at the
heart of everything we do. Additionally, the Centre has great facilities and an extensive
outdoor area (which we use as much as possible). We’d like you to join this team as Head
Teacher. We need:
- fully NZ qualified and registered ECE teacher;
- Experience in a senior management/leadership role in Early Childhood;
- Sound practical knowledge of all operational and legislative matters as they relate to
Early Childhood Education;
- Experience in inquiry-based and child-led learning;
- (Ideally) Basic level Te Reo; and,
- A genuine passion for ECE – energy and vitality that you can bring to the Centre
A comprehensive position description and Centre philosophy are available for you to review.
We need to move with a degree of haste in finding a suitable candidate. The appointment
will be made as soon as the ideal has been found. As such, I would encourage to contact Tim Bell (the Centre’s external advisor re this appointment) to discuss this role as soon as
practical (or forward your CV to him).
Contact details are:
Mobile: 027 369 7879
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org