Registering as a Candidate
If you're passionate about education, let the jobs come to you and register with Education Personnel for:
Long term and permanent roles
Daily relief teaching
Short term contracts
Long Term and Permanent Opportunities
• Get fast access to opportunities in Early Childhood teaching(ECE), Primary, Secondary, ESOL, Tertiary, Private Training Establishments and other education based organisations. In the classroom, out of the classroom, city, rural, national and international positions.
• Tell us what you want in a role:
Ideal job, essentials for your next role, location, age levels, subjects, skills you wish to utilise. The more you can tell us the easier it is to find you the role you are looking for.
• Register on-line and find out about education vacancies suitable for you and your current needs. Once registered your recruitment consultant will let you know of any education vacancies suitable for you. Let the education vacancies come to you! View current education vacancies now
• Tap into our knowledge of the NZ education system.
All of the Education Personnel recruiters are trained teachers who have taught in NZ. They know teaching and know recruitment. Having been in education recruitment since 1995, Education Personnel knows their clients well – a very important factor so a good recruitment match can be made for you.
You can also gain assistance with: finding out about the local education market, CV writing, employment matters such as pay and travel, work permits, visas, residency applications, NZQA and teacher registration.
• Know you are working with people who are well respected in NZ education and who have completed recruitment for a wide range of education providers. Education Personnel is a NZ Government Preferred Overseas Teacher Recruitment Agency.
Daily Relief Teaching
• Find positions in early childhood centres, primary schools and secondary schools. Many of our teachers find work in all levels of the education sector. Be sure to ask about where your qualifications allow you to teach.
• Tell us what you want. You tell us: days you want to work, where in Wellington or Auckland you can work, age groups you want to teach and your curriculum strengths and skills.
• Have the hassle taken out of relieving. When you are relief teaching (supply teaching) through Education Personnel you have only one contact point. No more getting 5 phone calls when you are already out teaching for the day. And if you are not available you only make one phone call!
• Tap into our knowledge of the Wellington market
Not only can you gain information about Wellington schools you can also have details about the class, the programme and school happenings before you enter the classroom.
• Gain assistance with teacher registration and payroll applications, qualification approval, travel information, resource and programme planning and other employment matters. Education Personnel also co-ordinates short professional development courses specifically designed for relief teachers (supply teachers).
• Extend your education networks
Have access to more schools and Early Childhood Centres. A number of schools and centres don’t keep their own relief/supply list and choose to book all their relievers through Education Personnel. Many of our supply teachers build up relationships with a number of schools. Once a placement has been successful schools will ring in and request specific teachers, giving you the opportunity to develop a strong working relationship with the staff, students and community of that school/centre.
Please note: Education Personnel currently run the relief teaching/supply teaching service for schools and centres in the Greater Wellington region only.